Last summer, I visited the capital city of Jiangxi Province, Nanchang. It is a popular revolutionary based in China. The city is commended as the place rising with red army flags. Situated at Yangtze River bank, the place is a well-known cultural and historical city. What’s interesting is that you will find four lakes inside this city, North, South, East, and West Lake.
The popular tourist attractions of the city include Poyang Lake, Teng Wang Pavilion, Mount Jinggangshan, and Mount Lushan.
- The best time to visit the city is in autumn or spring. During this time, the city has a pleasant offer.
- The mountains are damper and colder than the city. Hence, make sure that you pack extra clothes. In case you are traveling in the rainy season carry umbrella or raincoats.
- Put on sun protection and skid-proof shoes while climbing the mountains.
- The primary shopping streets of Nanchang are Zhongshan Road, Minde Road, Fuzhou Road, Bayi Avenue, Xiangshan Road, and Shengli Road. Apart from these, there are some popular shopping streets like Lady Street and Wanshou Palace Street that sells the inexpensive product.
- You will find three famous local products like Poyang Lake Whitebait, Nanchang Porcelain Portrait, and Jiangxi Paper Fan.
Popular food items
- Spicy hotchpotch is a type of snack. The dish over the oven with soup stock on a large pot. It contains all types of vegetables and meat. After it has been cooked, it is put on a plate and you can add seasoning as per your personal taste.
- Rice noodles are pretty popular in Nanchang. The raw material for the noodles is high-quality rice. It is made into fried noodles, braised noodles, or boiled noodles with seasonings like soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and some chili powder.
- The famous food street in Nanchang where you will find many restaurants offering different types of food at different prices.